1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Missing pensions thread?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Clive_Candy, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Clive_Candy

Clive_Candy Occasional commenter

Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place but I could have sworn I saw a thread here a couple of days ago about teachers' pensions being in the top ten most generous in the UK.

The data came from some survey the right wing pressure group (or soi-disant right of centre think tank) The TaxPayers' Alliance had done. You know the kind of thing: when you take their pensions into account, those working in the public sector are actually better off than fund managers...

Was I imagining it?

eljefeb90 likes this.
  2. applecrumblebumble

applecrumblebumble Lead commenter

I think you are referring to ‘teaching does not pay’ , within that it links an article from the right wing taxpayer alliance. Absolute nonsense and untrue so much fake news, people should spend the time researching the facts.

agathamorse and eljefeb90 like this.
  3. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

Why are you interested, I wonder?

4. Clive_Candy

I'm already imagining myself enjoying the benefit of one of the top ten most generous pensions in the UK of course.

schoolsout4summer likes this.
  5. Clive_Candy

Thanks btw apple!