1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Missing Ofsted report

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by Frenchlanguageteacher, Jul 22, 2015.

1. I work at an independent special needs school/care home. We have been seriously understaffed for nearly two years now. We failed an Ofsted care inspection last year and this year( according to the local paper )have failed both the education and care Ofsted.

It doesn't surprise us that we may have failed, it would be a disgrace if we had passed! What is bothering us though is that the SMT is refusing to tell us anything about the report, so are the directors of the school.

We cannot trace the reports via Ofsted sites and we have been forbidden to contact the local paper, the inspection was carried out at the beginning of June roughly seven weeks ago. No one has given us any information and the Headteacher disappeared from the school a week early, where or why, we don't know?

Where can we find out what is going on??

2. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

Ask Ofsted. That report, warts and all, should be available by now. Mind you, when I've chased Ofsted, I've had replied that prattle on about school holidays, quality assurance checks and other delaying tactics.