1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Missing equipment.. WARNING: Rant!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by BeckySmith_17, Jan 25, 2012.

1. I am a year two teacher and I am forced to replace pencils, handwriting pens, felt tips, crayons and lids etc. every few days. All the equipment is put in a basket in the middle of each table. I've tried colour co-ordinating the equipment, for example, putting blue labels on equipment for the blue table etc. but it doesn't seem to be working. I confiscated the extra equipment (crayons/felt tips) off a table which a lot of equipment was going missing but even that didn't work. I'm sure I shouldn't have to put a full new set of pencils, handwriting pens, a pack of felt tips, a pack of crayons almost every other days some weeks surely?

Any suggestions? =]

2. I am a year two teacher and I am forced to replace pencils, handwriting pens, felt tips, crayons and lids etc. every few days. All the equipment is put in a basket in the middle of each table. I've tried colour co-ordinating the equipment, for example, putting blue labels on equipment for the blue table etc. but it doesn't seem to be working. I confiscated the extra equipment (crayons/felt tips) off a table which a lot of equipment was going missing but even that didn't work. I'm sure I shouldn't have to put a full new set of pencils, handwriting pens, a pack of felt tips, a pack of crayons almost every other days some weeks surely?

Any suggestions? =]

3. Sounds like a similar issue to this person: http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/547678.aspx
    (It seems the link doesn't highlight automatically so you'll have to copy and paste into your browser. Alternative go to the NQT forum and scroll down to the post. Think it's called something like 'pens keep going missing!')

4. It's actually called 'where have all my pens gone?!'

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Here you should be a link now!
    http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/547678.aspx

6. My old school as part of eco-whatever it was once did a rubbish audit, with the caretaker's help, of everything thrown away in classroom bins one evening - and presented the results in assembly.
    As they unveiled the umpteen pencil sharpners, gluesticks, full-length pencils etc which had been scooped up along with paper or shaving pots and put into the bins the staff's reaction was hilarious - lots of "so THAT'S why there are never any left in my class" and a fair few "OK they're mine - gimme them back" dibs attempts on the sharpners as well!