1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

missed resignation date

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by dragonwoman, May 31, 2011.

1. Does anyone know whether I will still get paid until the end of August if I resign after half term?
    Thanks

2. Thanks but school e-mail is down all week and I didn't do that. Have seen doctor today and she has said that I need to resign today, which has made me absolutely certain that this is what I want to do.
    The question now is - do I phone the head during her holiday so that I'm only a day late or will this really p*** her off?

3. If you already wrote the resignattion letter on 31st May (and had dated it 31st May) can't you just push it through the school letterbox and they'll get it when they come back after half term?

4. I think it depends whether anyone is in school over half term week. If the letter was written on 31st May and there was no one in school until after half term, then I can't see the difference between pushing it through the letter box a day late, and it wouldn't make any practical difference to the school if no one was there to open it until after half term.

5. Piranha

Piranha Lead commenter

I know that the office at my school was staffed over the week, and it is likely that the Head would be there, at least on some days. If I were a Head I think I would make a point of being in school on May 31st and/or June 1st, so that I could start dealing with last minute resignations as soon as possible. Even it that were not the case, I still think it is best to be honest.

6. crezz1

crezz1 New commenter

I'm sorry this is all rubbish! If you had wanted to resign by email - even if your school email was down, you could have sent it none the less.
    It would have appeared in the inbox at some point showing the time and date it was sent.
    Why waste your time emailing and complaining/scheming on here rather than emailing your school, followed up with a hard copy?
    You could have done it, could you not?

7. Gosh what a horrible bitter twisted person you are crezz!!!
    Yes I could have sent an e-mail to prove a point but then it may have been read before I had spoken to the head myself and that would have felt rude!!!!!!!!!! and thoughtless!!!!!!!
    Why do you think that I am complaining or scheming? Are you for real?

8. crezz1

crezz1 New commenter

9. I think you've got something in your eye!

10. crezz1

crezz1 New commenter

I only have eyes for you.......