1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Missed out during Interview at a Vol Aided school

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Sharon75, Jan 22, 2011.

1. I have just missed out on a job at a CE VA school as my answer about implementing the CE ethos was 'weaker' than the favoured candidate (this was the deciding factor, apparently I matched, and in some cases exceeded, the successful applicant on every other count).

I explained that I have prior experience of working in a CE school, where I successfully implemented a CE ethos. I would continue to do so at this school. I saw that the core values were an integral part of being a 'good' citizen etc etc.... where did I do wrong? I asked for feedback in this respect and was simply told that the successful candidate was stronger!

2. I have just missed out on a job at a CE VA school as my answer about implementing the CE ethos was 'weaker' than the favoured candidate (this was the deciding factor, apparently I matched, and in some cases exceeded, the successful applicant on every other count).

I explained that I have prior experience of working in a CE school, where I successfully implemented a CE ethos. I would continue to do so at this school. I saw that the core values were an integral part of being a 'good' citizen etc etc.... where did I do wrong? I asked for feedback in this respect and was simply told that the successful candidate was stronger!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Don't stress too much about this. It may have just been an 'easy answer' to why you didn't get the job which wouldn't have comeback for the school. Always take feedback with a pinch of salt, after all if they just took to the other's person's personality more than to yours how would they explain that? Sometimes a certain candidate just 'clicks' with the interview panel or they have offered something extra which wasn't in the job spec. but which the school realises is really important. All sorts of reasons but many which school cannot be completely honest about in todays litigious society.