1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Misbehaviour... What is your most unique story?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Goldopals, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Goldopals

Goldopals New commenter

I had a few issues on yard duty yesterday. I do yard duties twice a week in the canteen and twice a week on the oval.
    Yesterday I had a pack of about 30 upper primary boys following me around the oval. I had to get another teacher to help me get rid of them as I was trying to question a boy about an incident.

2. About thirty years ago, I had a sixth-form boy who lit up a fag at the back of the laboratory, who, I assumed, hoped that the draught from the fume cupboard would take away the smoke.

3. Goldopals

Goldopals New commenter

Wow. The most interesting problem I have had in a science class was a year 10 snorting salt

4. Mrs_Frog

Mrs_Frog New commenter

I had a year 8 strip down to his pants on the pretext of changing his wet rugby shirt in the middle of a classroom at the very beginning of the lesson (straight after lunch).
    That was an interesting incident report to write.....
    For 'good' misbehaviour stories, ask an EBD teacher, believe me there are some spectacular ones......mind you the above was in mainstream.....
    B x

5. A colleague told the story of a boy in his class, who, while trying to fart loudly, lost control and 'followed through'.

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Indeed. Whilst working in a special school for severely autistic youngsters the boy I was working with started masturbating next to me while I was being observed by DH! The thing is, I didn't notice at first (mind you, they were so quick at 'whipping it out' you could blink and miss it)

7. Larsy

Larsy New commenter

Not in my school, but I heard a story about a group of boys who would go through a door and announce "Gay Door!" which meant that anyone else going through would be instantly turned homosexual. This caused enormous bottle-necks with pupils refusing to go through the door as the group of boys would then tease them mercilessly.

Apparently the writing up of the referral was interesting, beginning as it did with the immortal words "Following a 'Gay Door' incident...."

8. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Yes..... I remember this sort of thing all too well!.....one tutor had a 'two-hands visible at all times' policy in her sessions!
    Working at at Training Provider there were 'drugs inspections' of the learners. ...One lad got wind of an upcoming inspection and hid his stash in the staff coffee jar.....the line manager was a coffee fiend and had drunk three coffees and had a raging headache before the crime was discovered!
    A personal favourite was the lad coming in for an exam, tripping over a bag and when he was helped to his feet the tutor discovered a math crib sheet tucked into a sleeve and the boy reluctantly also handed over a smuggled-in calculator....sadly for the lad it wasn't his poor attempt at cheating that had us all laughing - it was the fact that he'd got the timetable mixed up and was due to sit his English exam!

9. You cannot have a "most unique story." Either it is unique (the only one of its kind) or it isn't.

10. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

All from one school:
    Child ran home (in the days before primaries were locked), TA followed him and knocked on the door. Call comes "Come in" so she pushed the door open to see Dad at the kitchen sink, urinating into it.
    Year 4 child sees teacher's car wing damaged. "I can get you a new one, Miss." Another child caught dealing in stolen tax discs (Y7 - middle school)
    Another child (Y6) ran home (they did it a lot, our poor TAs were very fit), TA followed him home to find him climbing up the drainpipe to his second floor flat.
    I loved it there - never a dull moment.

11. v12

v12

Years and years ago, in my first boarding school, one Lower Fifth boarder had the unfortunate, but accurate (so I was told) nickname of 'Tugger'.
    During Prep one evening, the duty member of staff (female) found him writing out a list of which women teachers he'd like to shag and in which order!
    She didn't know whether to be disappointed or elated that she was actually quite low down the list!