1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mirrors

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Burndenpark, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

A comment on a recently departed thread about how few of the posts someone could see made me wonder...

Isn't clicking to ignore posters you don't like the internet equivalent of gazing your house with inward facing mirrors?

2. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

I didn't realise it was a big issue Burndy ..... ??

3. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

I guess it's not really- I just don't get why someone would want to be wilfully ignorant?

4. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

The ignore function is really useful for getting spam posts off of my screen once I've reported them in the mornings :).

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I imagine you meant glazing, but what a wonderful idea it might be if houses had outward facing mirrors, or indeed, it were possible for websites like this to reflect an image back to posters on what they looked like as they composed their posts.

I sometimes get the feeling that I'm the only one among us with the dignity to dress in a suit and tie before I share my wisdom with you all. I have the feeling that some of you merely sit at your computers in your underpants and a string vest when it's chilly.

If only you could see yourselves.

6. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Gawd, would I also have to dust and tidy before logging on?

7. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Do you not?

8. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

*quickly shoves detritus under table*

9. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Jc
    God only knows.

10. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

I see it more as the internet equivalent of avoiding party bores. I find it a great boon.

Flere-Imsaho and guinnesspuss like this.
  11. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Nope.
    It's walking away from the drooling, shouty idiots who try to accost you on the bus or the chuggers who will do anything to engage you in conversation.

cuteinpuce and guinnesspuss like this.