1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mirrors with lights

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lilachardy, Jul 29, 2011.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Hello
    I'm after a mirror for my bedroom with a really good light - preferably in some sort of attractive design!
    I've found mirrors with lights, and I've found good clip-on lights... but I'd like an integral lighting unit.
    Have you spotted one anywhere?

Thanks!

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Mrs MSB insisted on having one similar to that in our brand new B&Q bathroom.

Chav-bloody-tastic - it'll be LEDs under the car next ;-)

3. I've decided I'd like an old fashioned dressing table...
    (nothing to do with the original question really, but hey-ho)
    I currently put my make-up on in a mirror where the light hits me sideways, highlighting all the bits I'd rather not notice...full frontal light is so much kinder.

4. lilachardy

Hmmm

Thanks all.
    I have a really rubbish bathroom with no natural light, so I want a really good light in my bedroom. I thought I wanted a mirror with lights in it, but maybe I want a mirror AND lights... I'm not so sure now!

Thanks again.

5. A mirror with lights is fine so long as you aren't intending to do your make up in front of it.

6. lilachardy

I don't wear makeup, but thanks.

7. Why?

8. Because the light is artificial. It means you don't apply the make up properly, ending up with too much in the wrong places and looking very bizarre in natural light!
    The closer you can get to natural light when applying the better.

9. lilachardy

If there was enough natural light, I'd not be looking for a mirror with lights!

I think I'm going to get a regular mirror and then look at lighting after that.

10. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I have an old fashioned lebus dressing table under a window, so it's not a problem for me. How about getting a lamp fitted with one of those full-spectrum bulbs? That would give a near-to-natural effect.

11. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Ikea do mirrors and lights. They look a bit like a starlet's dressing room. I don't like them (too bright) but you may like them.

12. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Harumph! I think that one is very acceptable, although not my style. I'm more Arts and Crafts / Victorian.

Now as for LEDs under the car - would those battery powered fairly lights do, do you think... ?

13. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter