1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

minibeasts planning - mixed rec/year 1

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by camily, May 6, 2007.

1. Please help. I have a whole topic on minibeasts to do with my class for several lessons and I dont know where to start. Has anybody got any ideas or planning that I could look at as I am swamped with all the resources out there and dont know what I should do when. Please help!!!

2. Please help. I have a whole topic on minibeasts to do with my class for several lessons and I dont know where to start. Has anybody got any ideas or planning that I could look at as I am swamped with all the resources out there and dont know what I should do when. Please help!!!

3. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

leave your email and I will send a few bits

what I do is choose a text and focus my planning around the text......
    the last few weeks we have been covering the Very Hungry Caterpillar, maths, literacy etc... are all planned around the cat/but life cycle

I will also use The Very Busy Spider

then I plan to do a lot around bees, we did this a few years ago and it was great for pattern and shape as well as PSE........those bees have a real community........ honey was great for exploring sticky materials etc.....

4. Sazzle22

Sazzle22 New commenter

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon but is there any chance that I could get a copy too? Please?

Thanks

5. Sazzle22

Sazzle22 New commenter

6. saraxb

saraxb New commenter

I hate to do this but I also have a R/1 and am NQT and would be eternally grateful for any help! Thank you!

saraxb@hotmail.com

7. linre

linre New commenter

is there any chance of a copy of your planning am mid way through mine and hetting stuck for ideas!

lynne.smith80@tesco.net

8. I'm new to Foundation stage, so would appreciate seeing your planning ideas for minibeasts please.
    Many thanks,
    curly_kingston@hotmail.com

9. Hi, your ideas sound great. My summer topic is minibeasts...would you please be kind enough to send me your plans.
    My email is lcosgrove@sgfl.org.uk
    Many thanks
    Lisa x