1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Minibeasts dance and music

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by kittella83, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Hi,

I'm in the middle of writing some dance lessons based around a minibeasts theme for Foundation/Key Stage 1. I've got lots of ideas for different minibeast movements etc, I just can't find any music!

Has anyone got any ideas of music I could use?

Thank you.
    K

2. Hi,

I'm in the middle of writing some dance lessons based around a minibeasts theme for Foundation/Key Stage 1. I've got lots of ideas for different minibeast movements etc, I just can't find any music!

Has anyone got any ideas of music I could use?

Thank you.
    K

3. Hi I just read on another thread that music express for year 1 have music for mini beast topic.

Maybe you could look it up on amazon.

4. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

there is music to that marching ants song i just cannot think of it. I think some classical music would be lovely, but not to hot on names. I would love to see a copy of your dance plans when you have finshed if you wouldnt mind thanks

5. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

What about flight of the bumblebee? Can't think who it's by though.

6. Or there is the Carnival of Animals by Saent Saens which I have used in a dance lesson before and would fit in with minibeasts. The music varies in tempo so you could fit it in with moving like different minibeasts.

I have the music on a CD. If you leave your email address I can send it to you and you can decide if it's what you're looking for.

Looby

7. helskie26

helskie26 New commenter

8. Thank you for your suggestions.
    I promise I'll send them when I'm done. May be a couple of days. Can't promise they'll be great though!

9. Oh, and thank you for the Carnival of the Animals suggestion. I have that music though as we do that as one of our other dance topics! Thanks anyway.

10. 'The Ugly Bug Ball' by Burl Ives music is fun to dance to. It includes caterpillars, ants etc. I have a copy if you want to hear it....
    Yculbird x

11. yculbird, would i be able to please?

12. Our topic for this term is minibeasts - any chance that i can have a copy of your dance planning?

Thanks

trouble25@tiscali.o.uk

13. I did ugly bug ball too with year 2 last year. It was great for drama too and if we had had time we would have made insect masks etc the children really loved it!

14. helskie26

helskie26 New commenter

peatles- could you give us some ideas of the things you did because I am sure my class woudl love this! Or do you have any planning you could send me please/
    heleneurope99@hotmail.com

15. mp3 attached and sent i think!!

I also found this in one of my early years books, by Brenda Williams:

The minibeast feast.

Creep like a caterpillar (mime the actions of the different minibeasts)
    Buzz like a bee
    March like an ant
    Down the old oak tree.

Fly like a ladybird (pretend to fly and flutter)
    Or a butterfly
    Weave like spiders (skip around linking arms with different partners)
    On a branch up high.

Hide like a beetle (curl up, hiding face)
    Slither like a snail
    Run like a centipede (slither slowly and then run quickly)
    Down the trail.

Come to the party (join hands to form a circle)
    Every minibeast
    Today is the day (dance round and round)
    Of the minibeast feast!

Good luck with the lessons!!

Ycul x

16. of course greenshoes but i need your e mail...

17. kittella83 would it be possible for me to have a copy of your minibeast dance plans? our topic next term is minibeasts and am sure they would come in useful.
    Thanks

nathaworth@hotmail.com

18. HI im a rception teacher- does anyone have a half term plan for the topic of minibeasts would love to have an idea of how someone else plans and to give me some inspriation! Thanks!