1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

minibeast / let's grow story books?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by abikirkman, Mar 14, 2012.

1. abikirkman

abikirkman New commenter

Hello,
    I am a teacher in a Special School teaching PMLD children in an early years setting. Our next topic is let's grow / minibeasts. I am wanting some new stories for the children instead of using old ones i have used before so if anyone has any nice story books i could use in early years with PMLD children this would be great. Very simple stories, repetitive stories would be great.
    Thanks

2. abikirkman

abikirkman New commenter

Hello,
    I am a teacher in a Special School teaching PMLD children in an early years setting. Our next topic is let's grow / minibeasts. I am wanting some new stories for the children instead of using old ones i have used before so if anyone has any nice story books i could use in early years with PMLD children this would be great. Very simple stories, repetitive stories would be great.
    Thanks

3. We've just enjoying Jasper's Beanstalk - Mick Inkpen and Nick Butterworth ( i think!) It's very simply text in a days of the week sequence and the children have really enjoyed doing all the gardening things that Jasper does as well as watching what happens to their own bean. It's been lovely

4. abikirkman

abikirkman New commenter

Yes this us a fantastic book, but this is the one i usually use so was wanting a bit of a change.
    Thanks though for the feedback

5. at a school I observed for mini beasts they used a book called something like the king of tiny things - all about looking after mini beasts - was really sweet book - any good?

6. Only Eric Carle am afraid!

7. Charlie and lola ' I really wonder what plant im growing' This is quite good and gives opportunities to bring in fantasy plants as well.
    Beetle in the bathroom,
    Tiny,
    Anthony ant ( story to the tune of the animals came in 2 by 2),
    Are you a ... Butterfy? Spider? Ant? Bee? Ladybird? Really lovely info books comparing these minibeasts to humans.
    Aaagh spider- v good
    Hope it helps eve