1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

minibeast assembly script

Discussion in 'Primary' started by anon3518, Feb 7, 2012.

1. All the minibeast assemblies I've looked up on here have been for early years. Has anyone done an assembly for year 2 or 3 that is a bit more advanced and that they are willing to share a rough script? Know this is a blatant ask but dont really want to spend my half term starting from scratch. Was thinking along the lines of dressing up as some bugs and sharing facts but seems a bit dry. They sung the ugly bug ball in reception so cant do that again!
    any ideas gratefully accepted
    H

2. All the minibeast assemblies I've looked up on here have been for early years. Has anyone done an assembly for year 2 or 3 that is a bit more advanced and that they are willing to share a rough script? Know this is a blatant ask but dont really want to spend my half term starting from scratch. Was thinking along the lines of dressing up as some bugs and sharing facts but seems a bit dry. They sung the ugly bug ball in reception so cant do that again!
    any ideas gratefully accepted
    H

3. If you are looking for a new song for your assembly, Out of the Ark Music have a song book called Minibeasts - lots of minibeast songs. you get a CD with the vocals and backing tracks so they are easy to learn

4. Thanks Annadz. Got a song already I think, bluesy number found on ITunes. It's more the script/ideas for the assembly having problems with! Really not very creative when it comes to this sort of thing. Rather not being doing it in fact!
    H

5. camillemontgomery

camillemontgomery New commenter

Hello,

I am in the same boat- need an assembly script for a year 2 class based on our mini beast 'wriggle and crawl' topic.

Did you have any luck or find anything to save from writing from scratch?
    Thanks in advance!

Camille

6. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Established commenter

Always better to write from scratch! Then you can tailor-make it to your particular pupils. You can spend a lot of time looking for something and draw a complete blank - and in that time you could have written something.