1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mini Squash - Help please

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by keepsmilin37, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Hi
    We are supposed to be teaching Mini Squash during this term, we have some equipment but no rules or progression for the game. My KS2 collegues and I would be very grateful if anyone had any information on it, or knew of a link to a website with information on it. I have found one but it wasn't very user friendly.
    Thank you for your time.
    Keepsmilin37 :)

2. gogojonny

gogojonny New commenter

When you mean some equipment do you mean the rebound net? If so how many? Squash rackets?

3. Hi Gogojonny
    Thanks for your reply.
    We have 2 rebound nets, but after clearing out the whole PE cupboard we could only find 6 rackets and mini squah balls!
    I thought we could use tennis rackets and foam balls or possibly badmiton rackets as a substitutue we also have table tennis bats and balls if they would be better.
    Our problem is that we have no rules on how to play the game or what skills to teach over KS2. I assume that the racket skills from tennis are transferable, so we could begin with those.
    The upside is that we now have a very tidy PE cupboard [​IMG]
    Your help is greatly appreciated
    Many thanks
    Keepsmilin37

4. Hi gogojonny
    I have managed to change the games this half term to basic racket and ball skills. We are doing badmiton next year, so I will make note of your task and use it then.