1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mini bus risk assessment

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by johnbowers, Sep 8, 2019.

1. johnbowers

johnbowers New commenter

Hi guys does anyone have an up to date secondary mini bus risk assessment that I could use or adapt.
    I also could do with a risk assessment for a trailer also.
    Cheers

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Not sure what you mean. Your school should have a policy somewhere about who can drive the bus and any rules. I was i/c of the buses at my former school. Only adults who had passed an approved MIDAS training course could drive the bus (even if they were old like me and had the correct letter on their licence). Only the driver was required for journeys of less than one hour. Above that and a second adult was required in the bus. We didn't have a trailer but another school down the road did and as far as I know anyone towing it was required to spend some time practising with it before doing it for real with passengers in the bus. The practice session would also include instruction of the safe way to hitch and unhitch the trailer.

back in the day LEAs would issue advice on this. Not sure what academies do. Contact an organisation that does MIDAS training and ask them for advice.

johnbowers likes this.