1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mind-tapping: has anyone heard of it?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by inky, May 8, 2012.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

Elljaydee's asking this question on Early Years [take a look] and I'm echoing it on here. If you do a google, [may I remind you to] put the phrase in inverted commas or you'll get a million references to minds and taps!

2. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Similar to trepanning?

3. I use mindmapping a lot when working on projects for work, not heard of mind-tapping though.

4. beating your head on the desk?

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Do I mind tapping? Yes I do - it irritates the Hell out of me when they tap on the desks.

6. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

It's like mind napping but less relaxing.

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

and like mind sapping but more invigorating

8. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

When middle daughter was little we could annoy her by 'listening' to her thoughts.
    If you put your head next to hers, she thought you could hear her thinking when it was her turn in games like I-spy.
    She used to get really cross, heh, heh, heh...[​IMG]

9. inky

inky Lead commenter

and mind-slapping but less inappropriate

10. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

behind-tapping can lead to serious consequences

11. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

like gold frapping but less musical?

12. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Like finger snapping, but less clicky

13. inky

inky Lead commenter

like tooth-capping but less expensive

14. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

like happy clapping but less Holy

15. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uilGHdTlC3s

Maybe this could help... there are ten differnt ones to watch... but these focus on weight loss...

The following article reslates to how mind-tapping can be used as a visualisation technique to achieve goals... and provide a link between our mind and our body...

<h1>How Tapping Works</h1>Before you read this, realise that you don't need to know precisely how Tapping works. If you try it, and watch your body and mind carefully to see what happens, you will realise that it does.
    You just have a set of beliefs that say you need to fully understand something before you can use it! So you could try tapping those beliefs, because they probably hold you back in other areas.
    You will still be left with unanswered questions after reading this explanation. My suggestion is that you experiment with Tapping and find your own answers. You don't really know how electricity works - no-one really does! But you still switch on a light, and you still cook your dinner with it. It's really true, even the most knowledgeable scientists don't know precisely how electricity works.
    <h3>A Belief is a Thought that we are Emotionally Attached to </h3>If I tell you that above my bed I have a painting of a tree, your mind will accept that information. If I then tell you actually it's not a painting of a tree, it's a painting of a boat, your mind will accept that information too. A thought is like that - easy to change. You receive new information and your mind accepts it.
    If however, you touch a hot stove and feel pain, your mind will receive the programming that stoves are not safe to touch. If someone tells you that the glowing red stove is safe to touch, you will not accept what they are telling you. The difference is the emotion of physical pain, which is attached to the information.
    This is the difference between a thought and a belief. An emotion becomes attached to the thought, as a signal to the mind that the thought is necessary for survival, and as a result the thought can not be easily changed.
    Tapping removes Negative Beliefs. In fact, there is no difference as far as the body is concerned between a Negative and a "Positive" Belief. A Negative belief is just one that you have judged is unhelpful to your wellbeing, and a Positive one is a belief you have judged to be helpful.

16. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

like gangsta rapping but a lot more wholesome

17. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Like cr*pping, but less useful

18. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Ooops, never saw butterflyboo's post until now . . . . must be the moderation time delay. Thank you for explaining bfb . . . . .but can we get back to the more serious business of silliness?
    like body popping but less acrobatic

19. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I read the explanation before posting mine [​IMG]

20. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

[​IMG] Breakin' the law, breakin' the law! You renegade, you!

I should do this more often
    circuit lapping