1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mince, glorious mince

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by inky, Jan 25, 2012.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

Where would we be without it? Who can offer new or personalized recipes for all of us to enjoy?

I would like to dedicate this thread to minced meat recipes from every continent where minced meat is used.

Here's an idea: a multicontinental collection that raises money for charity.

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

Where would we be without it? Who can offer new or personalized recipes for all of us to enjoy?

I would like to dedicate this thread to minced meat recipes from every continent where minced meat is used.

Here's an idea: a multicontinental collection that raises money for charity.

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Been done before Inky!
    Somewhere in my vast collection I have 'The Mighty Mince Cookbook' and have also bought similar versions for my kids when they went to uni.
    I did suggest to Gail and Bev we had a Cookery column in TES or produced a TES cookbook for charity but I didn't get anywhere [​IMG]

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Having said that I'll rustle up a few ideas for you.
    To start with, ragu is delicious made with pork instead of beef, and I often make metballs with veal mince (if I can get it) and a touch of grated parmesan for extra flavour.
    Remember, mince isn't just about beef!

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Interestin Henriette, I'll forward your description to my Palestinian friends in Amman and see if we can find the answer. I'll also ask my Palestinian/Lebanese 'son'.