1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Milkshake maker?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by amycat, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Mr Cat's birthday is coming up, and he's extremely difficult to buy for. He has, however, expressed an interest in a milkshake maker (after buying himself a milkshake when we were out walking over the bank holiday). I've looked online, and can only find smoothie makers or milk frothers. Does anyone know if there is any real difference between a smoothie maker and a milkshake maker? Mr Cat doesn't have particularly sophisticated tastes, and is more likely to go for traditional frothy milkshakes made with syrups rather than the more healthy smoothie option - would a smoothie maker froth the milk? Or would I be bettter just buying a milk frother?
    I quite like the looks of the smoothie makers with taps on.

2. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Get him a Tupperware Quickshake. It's great for mixing all sorts of things. I'm not sure how frothy he want's his milk shake but this will do the job. It goes in the dishwasher too.
    We've got a smoothie maker but it takes longer to clean than to make the smoothies. You can make milkshakes in it too but the novelty wears off when you've cleaned it a couple of times! LOL

3. That's what I was thinking, dozymare - a nice bit of kit to sit on the worktop and get used twice before the novelty wears off. I'll have a look for the tupperware - where on earth do you uy tupperware these days? I remember it coming from parties when I was a kid!

4. Ah - found it online. My mum actually had that back in the 70s, but with an orange lid. In fact, she might still have it!

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I had one too! Long since dead and buried but such a handy gadget.
    I also have a smoothie maker, but with mine the jug bit is actually a mug, the blades are in teh lid and you turn the lot upside down to make it work. Washing up is the lid/blades and mug only, and as you drink from the mug it's not that bad to clean up.

6. henriette

henriette New commenter

I use the liquidiser (or "blender" as they seem to be called these days) to make milkshakes

7. Thank you both. I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner. In the end I decided not to get one because I wanted quite sure what he wanted. Instead I got him a retro Bolton shirt and a voucher to buy his own liquidiser / smoothie maker / whatever else it is he wants! [​IMG]