1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mike Bartlett - The Core (Woman's Hour Drama)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cashmygold, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I have been listening to this play on BBC iplayer. Please please please if you have the time to listen to it this weekend please do, before it expires.

It starts of in 2011 and proceeds to the future.It highlighs the story of a young girl (Carly) from a working class background, in a school which is not doing so well, until a super head is recruited to change things.

It focuses on the impact of current educational policies and those going through the system. Its well worth a listen.

Let me know what you think.

CMG

2. Just heard the final installment today - will now go back and listen to previous installments on iplayer tonight. Wow - a damning indictment of Academies and current educational policies.

3. Just caught the final episode while driving. Wow - a damning indictment of Academies and governmental obsession with constantly interferening with educational policy. Will now go back and listen to previous episodes tonight on iplayer.

4. Its everything we already knew about the National Curriculum, pointless and restrictive! Just wish the Government would sit up and realise the same thing.

5. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Occasional commenter

6. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

I heard the first 4 of these and then stupidly forgot the 5th. If anyone has (whisper) recorded it I'd be very very grateful...

7. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter