1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Middle Class Insults

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Richie Millions, Feb 25, 2010.

1. The scariest thing that ever happened to me?
    Our chef prepared Potato Dauphinoise using salad potatoes.

2. Your son's first word was 'cat'. My daughter's first word was 'bouillabaisse'.

3. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Brrrr, were you born in a barn conversion?

4. Richie Millions

No, not a toothbrush holder sweetie. An asparagus steamer x

5. I can't possible do the homework over half term as I won't have internet access in Barbados.

6. Richie Millions

To be honest sweetie he wanted New Bond Street and she was never more than House of Fraser x

7. I realise you are on a roll, Richie, but I still don't understand the one about turning right in a plane [​IMG]

8. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Economy is to the right

9. Oh. On the planes I fly on there is only the right - unless you are the pilot [​IMG]

10. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Correct
    [​IMG]

11. Tee Hee!

12. Economy !!!! LOL

13. "Of course I couldn't read my reading books. The au pair doesn't speak english!"

14. economy class usually!!

15. A lawn mower? Don't your ponies keep it down?
    If we don't use punctuation, what hope is there for the students?

16. When asking the children to draw a picture of their garden for homework one child asked what section (the lawn, the tennis court or the pool?)

Also, a friend has had to ring to speak to a childs parents before only to have the butler answer the phone. I didn't know people still had butlers!

17. The chauffeur, of course...

18. All these are far too polite...the most biting insult I've heard was a child referring to "the FSMs" in a very dismissive tone...and the look on their face was priceless.
    Free School Mealers, of course. It's strange, because I KNOW the child said it, but it was "mummy's" voice I heard. Actually made me wince.

19. I once heard Mandelson on the radio talking pretentiously about food (I think it was around the time of twizzlergate and the school dinner scandal) when he referred to the small red bitter salad leaf radicchio (what a show-off) but pronounced it wrongly as "raditchio". Maybe Mandy was the inspiration behind Hyacinth Bucket...