1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Middle Class Insults

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Richie Millions, Feb 25, 2010.

1. I always thought if you went left you would end up in the cockpit!

2. My daughter heard this on her way to summer Irish College to learn gaelic -( we live in Ireland and all kids have to study Irish up to Leaving Cert.) This was said by a very wealthy Dub a D4 equivalent to Knightsbridge/Notting Hill etc whilst on the bus driving through some of the most beautiful parts of North West Mayo.
    'Oh my God I've just seen that cow drink from the river!!!! THATS GROSS'..

Ah the Celtic Tiger.. the damage it caused.

3. I believe it's ecomony class or something really common like that. Really don't know. Of course I only ever fly first class with my teachers wage.....

4. So where do you live?
    Hastings
    What........ all year???

Totally true!!!

5. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

6. Got to be honest here, F&B paint may be more expensive than Dulux per litre, but goes further, lasts longer, and comes in such perfect shades to match the Cotswold stone house.
    (OK the last bit is a bit of **** - rest is true)

7. But Mummy they don't even have napkins with hot dinners.

8. I think that's where the economy seats would be

9. I don't have a witty reply but at my last school in an affluent part of Nottinghamshire, I had to break up a fight between two of my year 10 tutor group lads. The cause was 'which is better to have, a swimming pool or a tennis court in your garden'. I didn't half give them a telling off about important things in life.

10. All very funny I have to admit, but should we confuse money with class?

11. Learning phonics with 5 year olds......Can you all think of a word beginning with the sound "sh"

Champagne they all replied!

12. scilady

scilady New commenter

You will all really like this one!
    I might become a teacher ..."how big a private income do you need?"

When I had to go home to a disabled child .."oh dear miss, was your nurse on holiday? My mum knows a really good agency for (locums)."

13. It's not an insult as such, but I felt this little anecdote fitted well here. My son's girlfriend (goes to a private school in a very nice area etc.) and her mates wanted to get him a birthday cake with his photo on to go with the bouncy castle they hired for our garden (he's 16). My other half took them to our local supermarket, ASDA, to get this done. As there was a wait for the cake they all went off to the cafe. One of the nice young ladies sat there looking bemused before saying "I''ve never been to an ASDA before." Bet she's been to bloody Waitrose. I like to think we broadened their horizons that day. How the other half live....

14. It means you're sitting with the plebs in Economy rather than Business or First Class. Economy is where one would buy a seat for ones nanny/au pair when going on a family ski trip.

15. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

"Yes, screw caps do seem quite popular these days."

16. Richie Millions

Go ahead, hit me. I'm with BUPA.

17. Ha! Bitchy!

18. Richie Millions

Talk to the six carat blue diamond ring, honey.

19. Richie Millions

Yo daddy's so cheap he has to pay your school fees in instalments!

20. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

economy seats :p