1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Middle Aged

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by bandofgold, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Is it possible that TAs complain alot because they are middle aged women? I believe they suffer from MAWS - middle aged women syndrome! Get a life and enjoy it. [​IMG]

2. Is it possible that TAs complain alot because they are middle aged women? I believe they suffer from MAWS - middle aged women syndrome! Get a life and enjoy it. [​IMG]

3. Middle aged women complain a lot* because they have to put up with idiots who don't understand that middle aged women (and men) know so much more than a certain arrogant, ignorant, imbecilic youngster i.e. YOU

*(A LOT, not ALOT - that has a different meaning, but someone as ignorant as you won't understand that)
    In reality, if you are genuine (I doubt you are) and have witnessed staff who seem to complain a lot, it might be because of: lack of career progression, poor pay and staff who don't realise and appreciate that they have a wealth of life skills and experience only acquired with age.
    Get over it and respect these women for the experience they bring to your school.

4. What an ignorant and rude post. Not to mention tarring ALL middle aged women with the same brush - How dare you! I am not quite middle aged, tho not far off. (Right side of 40 by a few years). I am a TA, but I don't moan. I am privilidged to work with children, but lucky not to work with the likes of YOU.

5. I enjoy a good moan and always have done so it's nothing to do with my age. How old is middle-aged? I am 38, so maybe I am suffering from MAWS. I hope the cure is wine, chocolate and the removal of sources of irritation.

6. You are most definately NOT middle aged yet!!! [​IMG]
    Wren

7. R13

R13 New commenter

Clearly the original poster just needs to be ignored so they will crawl away - but just so I know can someone clarify what constitutes 'middle age' for me please!

8. How ironic.

9. Thank you Wren :D

10. Underachiever

Underachiever New commenter

Just think how we'll all be moaning when we're 68 and still in the classroom!

11. Do TAs complain a lot? Maybe a little bit, on here, but isn't everyone entitled to an outlet for frustration?

I'm on the slightly wrong side of 40... but definitely don't consider myself middle-aged... or moany!!

12. Underachiever

Underachiever New commenter

Of course we don't moan any more than anybody else, isaulte. bandofgold is just being a troll-with-very-llittle-brain. Ignore and have a lovely summer!