1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Midbrain Activation

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Ivor Novello, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Ivor Novello

Ivor Novello Occasional commenter

Has anyone tried this? It looks awesome!

Imagine combining the power of Brain Gym, Midbrain Activation and Kagan Structures.

Now that would be education worth doing!

2. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Now this actually made me laugh out loud. Thank you for bringing a smile to an otherwise gloomy week.:D

josienig likes this.
  3. Ivor Novello

I bet you don't believe in God either.

4. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Not as such. No. But I do like a rattling good hymn.

sabrinakat and josienig like this.
  5. inky

inky Lead commenter

Ivor, I do hope you're not trying to sell something. That would breach the terms and conditions.

6. Ivor Novello

Nope. Nothing to sell, just plenty to talk about.

7. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

He long ago sold his soul.

sabrinakat likes this.
  8. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Will midbrain activation help me prepare children for jobs that don't exist yet?

sparkleghirl likes this.
  9. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Atheist or believer, this stuff is still ****.

vannie likes this.
  10. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

I miss the biorhythm machines. I was going to write an interesting post about them but I'm feeling a bit tired (due to my physical cycle being at a low point, I imagine...)

dominant_tonic likes this.
  11. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Is it like Scientology?

12. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Powerful mindbrain activiation, huh? I think they called ECT that to begin with....

dominant_tonic likes this.
  13. inky

inky Lead commenter

Ivor, I was horrible to you and I apologise xxx

14. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Blindsight is something that is thought to exist and there's a reasonably large body of evidence to suggest that our brain can process images before we are able to actually consciously perceive the image (because really, sight is just a conscious perception of the brain's interpretation of the signals it's receiving via the visual system, isn't it) and so can effectively 'see' things that we can't actually see, if you see what I mean.
    But even people who experience blindsight tend to not be either consciously aware that they are able to see things unconsciously (i.e. if in a forced choice situation, they may guess correctly significantly more than chance, but they still consider their choice to be simply a guess), or willing to rely on their skills of subconscious perception as being accurate. Plus, because blindsight involves a lack of conscious sensation and reading relies on conscious processing of what is being seen, I very much doubt you could train yourself to both see and correctly interpret what is not being seen consciously.
    Sorry. Pseuds corner again for me @inky? I can't help it, I love brain stuff. :D

inky likes this.