1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mid length hair and heated rollers

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mancminx, Dec 31, 2010.

1. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

I want to curl my hair using heated rollers and have mid length hair, so i was just wondering; do I roll up or do I roll down??

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Do you want your hair to flick up or under?

3. Is it for tonight? Have you done it before? Putting rollers in for curls is really really difficult when you aren't experienced in it.....you don't want to end up with a big fluffy poodle head just before your night out!

4. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

i just want it wavy/curly really. :S thanks

5. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

If you have hair straighteners use these to create the curls - I always find they work far better.

6. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

yeah its for tonight. I have a bit of experience but probably not enough. Oh well, if it turns out wrong i can just wash it out again as i am only staying home. I just want a bit of a curl/wave in my very straight hair. What do you advise?

7. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

I have tried that numerous times but cant seem to get the nack of it. Thanks anyway :)

8. I only ever curl with straighteners now.
    You need to make sure you start half way down the hair rather than at the roots. If you start at the root it won't go right at all. Take a small random section pull down halfway, flip straighteners over (180) and gently pull through. The slower you go the tighter the curl.
    Continue with lots of random sections (rather than uniform sections!) and flip the straighteners at different angles each time.

9. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

Thanks. I shall give it a try.

Happy New Year