1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mid-December London TES meet

Discussion in 'Personal' started by EmanuelShadrack, Nov 2, 2019.

1. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

2. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Sounds good to me.

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

It's my birthday so tempting...........but no.

4. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

A possibility for me.

6. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

A Saturday doesn't suit me as well so probably not. Enjoy those who can make it.

7. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Star commenter

8. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Ah, go on! Might go off to the London archives in the morning and pop round about 3ish*

*MSt proposal on Whitechapel in 1888....NOT about the elephant in the room per se....

9. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Hello to you too, Emanuel. Not seen much of you on here lately. How are things?

You can put me down as a tentative yes, but I've been away from work for the past week and won't know until Monday whether a date has been agreed for the works Christmas party.

There's also the question of whether there will be rioting in London on the day the election result is announced and continue over the weekend. We might find London in flames if the LibDems win with their promise to revoke article 50, mightn't we?

After all, it only takes a few hours these days to travel the distance between the Brexit heartlands to London.

10. Over_the_hill

Thanks for organising Shadders!

11. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Yes, thanks!

Will our dear O'Neill's be ready by then? It's being refurbished at the moment.

12. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I'd love to come but I really can't do a Saturday in term time.

BertieBassett2 likes this.
  13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Saturday in term time? Have to think on that...

BertieBassett2 likes this.
  14. Over_the_hill

We go back on Monday 6th Jan, would it be easier to meet one day after Christmas? The immediate run-up to Christmas is usually busy with everyone’s friends and families. I am quite happy to do a before and after Christmas meet, but then I don’t get out much! :)

Lara mfl 05 and BertieBassett2 like this.
  15. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I'm in a similar position. Once the holiday starts the family descends but after Christmas should also be possible. My only uncertainty is when Christmas will be for me.

16. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I enjoyed the meet a couple of years back that was between XMas and New Years... have fond memories of trying to follow Orkrider through the London Underground system!

And the 6 of us sat in that pub... good times.

17. Over_the_hill

Lan, I really enjoyed my first meet with you, Orky and Bombay (and others!). It would be great if we could all get together again one day. X

18. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Between Christmas and New Year would be fab as a pretty dull few days.

19. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Would love to. Put the 24th and the 28th into Trainline and got £179 day return. So probably won't.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  20. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Too far for me!