1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

microteach PTLLS - don't have a clue what to do

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by joker123, Nov 20, 2009.

1. My microteach has to last 15 mins and be fun but informative for learner. Class involvement is expected to be part of it. I am confused as what to do, as have no fun practical skills. I work in health and social care.

any ideas. what did other people do?

2. My microteach has to last 15 mins and be fun but informative for learner. Class involvement is expected to be part of it. I am confused as what to do, as have no fun practical skills. I work in health and social care.

any ideas. what did other people do?

3. Oh dear me. If cant sort this out I fear for your chances as a teacher!
    Actually I did three of these. One was making a bow to put on a present - very fun and easy to do for the group. The second was making a button hole ( bit costly though that - had to get the materials)
    The other was naming of plant parts. - and I got the group to label a flower. Quite simple really and filled in the boxes on the teaching skills.
    None of them were related to my teaching subject in any way.

4. Joker
    you must be joking!!!![​IMG]

5. Hi
    When I did my microteach, my tutor said we did not have to do what we were actually teaching, she said to do something we were interested in. I did a course on reflexology a while back, so I did a powerpoint describing reflexology and then I got everyone in the group to do some hand reflexology which is to relieve stress.
    Some of the things other people in the group did were, indian head massage, how to hold a golf club properly, stage direction, wiring a plug, different types of knots.
    Something that may be of interest a lady I know who is an NVQ assessor in health and social care had to do a microteach and she has the equipment to put on peoples hands and it shows up any germs. Then I think she gets people to wash their hands and then see how many germs are left. It is designed to show people how to wash hands properly. I think it was quite successful.
    Good luck, and I hope it goes well for you.

6. thanks for all your replies. It went really well. The reason i asked in first place is that our tutor said it had to be something that was lighthearted and fun. I could easily have picked a topic from hsc but they are not exactly fun subjects.[​IMG]