1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Microsoft Mathematics 4.0

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by maths126, Feb 27, 2012.

1. maths126

maths126 New commenter

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15702

Not sure if I'm the last to notice this free add-on to MS Word, but it was news to me! Just wondering if it has found any use amongst the Maths teaching community, or whether it is being recommended for students?

I'm still trying to work out whether this is something which will ultimately replace Equation Editor and offer a free alternative to MathType, or if it is a move towards online computing (do calculations have to be done while online?)

2. maths126

maths126 New commenter

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15702

Not sure if I'm the last to notice this free add-on to MS Word, but it was news to me! Just wondering if it has found any use amongst the Maths teaching community, or whether it is being recommended for students?

I'm still trying to work out whether this is something which will ultimately replace Equation Editor and offer a free alternative to MathType, or if it is a move towards online computing (do calculations have to be done while online?)

3. pencho

pencho New commenter

I've been using a version of it for a while now. Not sure if it is version 4. It is great for doing things. I love it for writing out solutions, working out answers, as it will expand, factrorise, integrate, differentiate, solve (including show steps), draw graphs etc... I find it really useful - but others may not.

4. arsinh

arsinh New commenter

I haven't used it much. I prefer Wolfram Alpha.