1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Micro teach - south coast Scitt primary

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by anjpops, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Hi everyone! I've been invited to a selection process interview at south coast Scitt primary and have been asked to conduct a 5 minute micro teach of a skill or piece of information drawn from my own interests. I am planning to teach some makaton (basic vowels and some animals) and then put it altogether by singing a song. I am worried however that this is patronising and too childish- they are adults after all not children?! I feel that this will showcase my skill but don't want to end up standing in front of everyone singing alone!!!

Any feedback on my idea or advice would be extremely helpful!!

Thank you!
    Andrea xxx

2. Hi everyone! I've been invited to a selection process interview at south coast Scitt primary and have been asked to conduct a 5 minute micro teach of a skill or piece of information drawn from my own interests. I am planning to teach some makaton (basic vowels and some animals) and then put it altogether by singing a song. I am worried however that this is patronising and too childish- they are adults after all not children?! I feel that this will showcase my skill but don't want to end up standing in front of everyone singing alone!!!

Any feedback on my idea or advice would be extremely helpful!!

Thank you!
    Andrea xxx

3. greenb

greenb New commenter

Hello!
    I've also been invited to the interview day for SCSCITT - might see you there!
    Think the makaton microteach sounds like a good idea, especially if you're particularly knowledable and skilled. Plus, I'd have thought that been able to stand in front of adults and singing alone would show that you are comfortable with such situations and so forth.
    I'm not too sure what I'll do my session on, have a few ideas but haven't really penned owt down yet - not too sure on the format to use either! (Any tips would be appreciated!!)
    Anyway, good luck, or hope it went well if you've already done it!