1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Micro Lesson. . . Help!!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Laura89Allen, Dec 12, 2011.

1. So for my interview next week I have to deliver a micro lesson aimed at Year 8's (History).

I have plenty of ideas of topics, but not sure how to structure the presentation - it's 5 minutes long, so an introduction to a topic, but I'm fretting as I don't know how to put it together. Am I to speak to the interviewers as if they were 12/13? I don't want to sound patronising. . . I wouldn't necessarily stand and give a 'presentation' to a class either, I find interactive tasks work best, but given the time constraints . . . HELP!!!!

2. So for my interview next week I have to deliver a micro lesson aimed at Year 8's (History).

I have plenty of ideas of topics, but not sure how to structure the presentation - it's 5 minutes long, so an introduction to a topic, but I'm fretting as I don't know how to put it together. Am I to speak to the interviewers as if they were 12/13? I don't want to sound patronising. . . I wouldn't necessarily stand and give a 'presentation' to a class either, I find interactive tasks work best, but given the time constraints . . . HELP!!!!