1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Micro:bit-delivery info

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by sparklemotion, Jan 19, 2016.

1. sparklemotion

sparklemotion New commenter

Has anyone heard any news on when these are getting shipped out to schools? I'm sure Autumn was mentioned for the release date.

2. madcat

madcat Occasional commenter

I think they changed the power supply late on so that pushed everything back. No one seems to want to give a new date -"After Christmas 2015" was popular. Wouldn't be surprised to see some announcement at a London based educational tech. show soon

3. pixiewixiepixie

pixiewixiepixie Occasional commenter

Are they still going ahead with this? I thought it had all been shelved because teachers haven't been given any training and started complaining. All my school got was a couple of booklets no one had time to read! They are sitting in a box under my desk with a few other things no one has had the time to look at.

4. tjra

tjra Occasional commenter

Snap.

At this stage in the day, it'd make more sense to roll out training/deliver ready for September 2016 really.

5. colwynexile

colwynexile Occasional commenter

And if you've seen the booklets you can tell it wasn't written by a teacher. Not step-by-step by any means

6. madcat

madcat Occasional commenter

sparklemotion likes this.
  7. pixiewixiepixie

pixiewixiepixie Occasional commenter

"The corporation said it now planned to start giving teachers their own units just after the half-term holidays, to help them plan classes."

And the name of the planet they live on is .....

jerryjerryjerry likes this.