1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Michael Willshaw thinks teachers are not stressed

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sunpainter, May 10, 2012.

1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18025202
    what do you all think?

2. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18025202
    what do you all think?

3. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

What do I think? That Michael Wilshaw is a pillock.

4. I think he is a complete *** but it's ok because I won't be stressed for much longer. I'm getting outin July, I've had enough!

5. oops! i d i o .t is filtered, lol

6. frustum

frustum Star commenter

I was particularly amused by
    "Stress was, in the days before local management of schools, writing
    letters in triplicate to the local authority asking for a brick wall to
    be built in the playground or for a bit of extra money to keep an
    excellent maths teacher - and not receiving a reply for weeks."
    And this is meant to convince us that it was all much more stressful in his day...

7. Hardly stressful at all when you find that your (valid) 'group' of 2 transgender children haven't made required progress from KS1 to KS2.....or your groups of male, female, FSM, pink with blue spots, Martian.......

8. modgepodge

modgepodge Established commenter

At my pupil progress meeting my head kept going on about what fantastic progress my EAL group were making, what had made the difference for them etc, can we replicate this in other classes?. I have one EAL child. He just had grommets fitted so he can now hear.

9. Haha That is classic!
    The FSM analysis always amuses me. I teach ALL of my children to the best of my ability, regardless of their income. I dont actually know or care what their income is and whether they get free school meals. If they do well it's because they are children who have responded well to my teaching. If they don't, it's because they haven't.
    I understand the boy/girl analysis because it may be that our topics have been particularly interesting to girls that year, and also understand analysis of SEN childrens progress - but FSM and ethnicity progress analysis I just find pointless and baffling.
    What can I do to ensure my FSM children make better progress? Shall I single them out and provide a "FSM Intervention"?

10. Some of my FSM go on holiday several times a year, always have the best clothes and parents drive better cars than me! So I dont see the point of analysing their scores as opposed to working parents.

11. stressed? THis weekend we're moving house. My son was admitted to hospital today (false alarm, he is fine and home). My mother in law has just invited herself to stay with us from Ireland to *ahem* help (arrives tomorrow) and it's SATs next week. Woop Woop. Bring it on.
    AAAAAAARARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH RIOJA.

12. This is pretty much what I said to my husband earlier...although I didn't use the word pillock.

13. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Bell-end?

14. c.o.c.k?

15. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Let me put it this way. If he was on fire......

16. Ha ha!
    Mine started with t and ended with t - nasty, I know!

17. When he took up the post, he promised us he'd only be around for 18 months or so. I reckon on that basis, he must only have a few months left. God willing.
    I never thought anyone would beat Woodhead in terms of stupidity, arrogance, offensiveness, but this bloke has done it. I met someone recently who was a colleague of his not long ago, and can not believe it's the same old 'Mike'.
    I always like to believe there is good in everyone. Struggling to see it with Willshaw. And I've run out of expletives!

18. zugthebug

zugthebug New commenter

am putting it dowwn to a tantrum because nasty Gove said he couldn't have no notice inspections! he is probably threatening to hold his breath until he passes out as we speak