1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MFL valued?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by gsglover, Aug 26, 2012.

1. It must be an error.

2. gregcolin

gregcolin New commenter

Don't know if this is upport for MFL or the exact opposite, but our deputy head said we could go straight to the AQA Certificate for the current year 11 if we wish as, although it will not count to the 5 A-C until next year, the school didn't need the MFL results enough for them to alter the final % of A*-C x 5.

3. gsglover

gsglover New commenter

A difficult one. What are you planning to do?

4. toadman

toadman New commenter

I would be interested too.

5. vacherin

vacherin New commenter

I would probably wait in your shoes.

6. We have an open evening on Thursday and the head has asked us to do an introductory session in the 3 main languages we teach. I am delighted as it can only raise our profile.

7. gregcolin

gregcolin New commenter

Good news!

8. vacherin

vacherin New commenter

Indeed!!

9. toadman

toadman New commenter

Someone has told our head that he is notorious on tes- luckily I don't think he knew either what notoriuos meant or what tes is!

10. gregcolin

gregcolin New commenter

11. vacherin

vacherin New commenter

Amusing but not unexpected I feel.

12. vacherin

vacherin New commenter

We need more examples, toadman. Is he a reformed character

13. toadman

toadman New commenter

Sorry to disappoint you but he is keeping a low profile.

14. toadman

toadman New commenter

Not one of his best by any means but he seems to have (inadvertently) omitted MFL from list of subjects for prize giving!

15. toadman

toadman New commenter

He later attributed this omission to someone else.

16. gregcolin

gregcolin New commenter

17. Just back from a French exchange- the last ever- as our head says that we can no longer justify them!

18. toadman

toadman New commenter

What a pity. Why no more?

19. toadman

toadman New commenter

Our exchange to Germany flourishes, but other 2 have died a natural death I'm afraid.

20. curlyk

curlyk New commenter

How can it be possible for a school to fail to support a MFL department which runs exchanges in this day and age ? Let`s be honest,an exchange is, probably,the only MFL trip that could be 100 % justified in a school context !!!!.Is this a financial issue ? Is it that staff have to be covered in their absence ?Do other departments get to go on trips which have equal or greater educational merit for their subject ?