1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MFL Trips?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by SueL107, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Help - I'm in my first year as the ONLY French teacher in my school, and they've never done language trips in the past. My year 9s are now hassling me for a trip that I can take them on. To be honest the last thing I want to do at this stage in the year is to do a trip to France...anyone got any ideas for a language based one-day trip I can take them on that is in this country and wouldn't take too much organising? I'm based in the Midlands. Thanks

2. When I was in Y12 our French Teacher took us to the French Library in the next big city - perhaps there's a French library in London or even somewhere closer to your town?

3. funambule

funambule New commenter

4. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

I'm based in the Midlands - a 24 hour visit to Boulogne is just about doable - albeit tiring. I usually go with Schools into Europe, they offer a menu of excursions that you can go on. MM

5. Thank you - this looks great!

6. Hi there,
    If travelling to London is an option, you could contact the French Institute in South Ken. They do a nice guided tour of the facilities (in French or English) and will do a French film screening for your pupils if you give them plenty of notice, and all for very little cost. There are also lots of French run cafes and a French bookshop nearby for them to enjoy.
    Good luck!

7. Try Sport and Educational Travel om 01493 665965 - they offer some good, cheap day trips to France, with worksheets and a variety of places to visit in and around Calais, Boulogne and St Omer.