1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MFL trip without leaving the country?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by zeddy81, Jan 24, 2012.

1. zeddy81

zeddy81 New commenter

Hi

I wanted to pick all you lovely people's brains this evening.

Last year I was told about this centre that you could go to to carry out a French (or various other language) theme day. It was based in a large building with a fake market and the children were given fake Euros to go and spend at the market, they had to obviously speak the language.

I cannot for the life of me remember what this place is called and I can't find anything in google searches either.

Has anyone heard of this place (possibly located in or near Essex - but my last school was in Hertfordshire so may be nearish there) or been before and can help me out here?

It's driving me nuts! I don't work with the person who suggested it as a trip last year so I don't have anyone to ask :(

2. zeddy81

zeddy81 New commenter

Hi

I wanted to pick all you lovely people's brains this evening.

Last year I was told about this centre that you could go to to carry out a French (or various other language) theme day. It was based in a large building with a fake market and the children were given fake Euros to go and spend at the market, they had to obviously speak the language.

I cannot for the life of me remember what this place is called and I can't find anything in google searches either.

Has anyone heard of this place (possibly located in or near Essex - but my last school was in Hertfordshire so may be nearish there) or been before and can help me out here?

It's driving me nuts! I don't work with the person who suggested it as a trip last year so I don't have anyone to ask :(

3. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter