1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MFL telephone interview

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by laur-etta, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Hi
    Could anyone help lf me with this? I've got an MFL interview on the phone for an international school in spain, and I'm trying to prepare as best I can. Anyone been through this themselves? What questions did they ask? And did you have to speak in the target language? Any help/tips would be very welcome. Thanks

2. Hi
    Could anyone help lf me with this? I've got an MFL interview on the phone for an international school in spain, and I'm trying to prepare as best I can. Anyone been through this themselves? What questions did they ask? And did you have to speak in the target language? Any help/tips would be very welcome. Thanks

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

For an MFL course? Almost certainly! Unless it's English as the MFL, in which case they'd be looking at competence, in what for you is your 'mother tingue'.
    I'd do a bit of research on current Spanish educational initiatives too! Unless it's an International School.

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

I've never had to speak French at an interview - apart from in the lesson, of course - I think schools take it as read that if you have a degree and a PGCE in the language you can speak it!

5. This has not been my experience. I have been 'interviewed' in various languages. Often by someone who spoke it at a much lower level than me. I always thought that was very strange. Especially as I doubt that for example, those applying for a maths job were tested with a few maths problems.

6. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

I've been interviewed in French before even though it's my native language!