1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MFL teachers journals

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Sol22, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Sol22

Sol22 New commenter

HI there

I am currently looking for a MFL teachers's magazine or journal I can purchase.
    I have seen other departments in my school using them and they are great. They offer teachers the opportunity to keep up to date with MFL in the classroom and outside the classroom, as well as possible trips, competittions, etc....
    I have searched online and there is a list of them but I would like recommendations before I purchase.
    Our main languages are French, Spanish and Latin.
    Thank you

2. Sol22

Sol22 New commenter

HI there

I am currently looking for a MFL teachers's magazine or journal I can purchase.
    I have seen other departments in my school using them and they are great. They offer teachers the opportunity to keep up to date with MFL in the classroom and outside the classroom, as well as possible trips, competittions, etc....
    I have searched online and there is a list of them but I would like recommendations before I purchase.
    Our main languages are French, Spanish and Latin.
    Thank you

3. maa09

maa09 New commenter

You could try CILT or the ALL (Association for Language Learning).

4. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Oooh, good idea! I'll think of it for my next budget, let me know if you get any good names.
    Although of course twitter is free and great (if not as in depth as a magazine article!)

5. Sol22

Sol22 New commenter

Any titles would be welcome! I am a new Head of Department!!! and I would like to include it in my new budget as well.

6. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Look for Joe Dale, he has a list of mfl people to follow!
    @mfl_noemie

7. spsmith45

spsmith45 New commenter

It's not quite what you asked for, but I have links pages to both teachers' blogs and professional associations/hubs at frenchteacher.net. They might be useful starting point.
    I'm not familiar with any magazines that target secondary teachers. As mentioned above, the ALL might be useful. I've never joined. I'm with Groucho Marx on that one: I wouldn't join a club that would have me as a member.

8. Sol22

Sol22 New commenter

Thank you all.
    I must have a look this week at all the options you mention here. I am not familiar with twitter, never used it in fact.
    But I still believe there must be a magazine I can subscribe to somewhere, where they also provide with MFL posters, for example as well as all the information.
    I am on a mission at the moment to improve my department!
    Gracias de nuevo

9. FrauSue

FrauSue New commenter

10. Sol22

Sol22 New commenter

thank you very much for the information.
    I have now asked for some samples to check if it is what I am looking for.
    Anything cheaper would be appreciated as well! I am new to magazine subscriptions but are they more expension for MFL? Other departments in my school are getting them for much less!

thank you