1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MFL Secondary PGCE Interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by brfc1234, Apr 12, 2011.

1. So, I've got my PGCE interview approaching. I just thought it might be worth seeking some advice on here. Teaching is my dream job (cliche.. I know!), but I'm struggling with the question 'Why do you want to be a teacher'. From what I've heard so far, this is almost a certainty to come up. The problem is, I know exactly why I want to be a teacher but my reasons (e.g. I love working with kids) are all said to be answers to avoid. I can see why Unis need to ask this question, but I know I want to be a teacher, I'm just finding it hard to prove it.
    I also was wondering if anyone had any tips on current educational 'hot topics' etc. They don't have to be related to MFL but that would obviously be better. I have only so far found out about the English Baccalaureate.
    Does anyone have any other suggestions of questions I just watch out for, MFL related or other?

Thanks in advance guys :)