1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MFL Interview at Warwick University

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by noemie, May 9, 2011.

1. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Hi there,
    I had the same problem. I'm a French native speaker and hadn't really done any German since A-level. It was obvious at interview (I went to York) that my German was very rusty so they advised that I take refresher courses and I did conversation with other German speakers on my course. I wouldn't worry too much about it just yet. As long as your first language is good enough you can always get your second language back up to scratch.
    To answer your question, they asked me a question in German about what I thought about teaching. For first language, the non-native speakers had to do a translation exercise.

2. Thanks a lot for your reply Noemi. I am trying not to be very worried about it but the interview bucklet indicates that there are a few interviews after your main language presentation so I reckon that perhaps they will be carried in German.
    Any other tip you could give me would be great.