1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MFL interview advice

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by helenmccrory1, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Hi Joe,
    I have an interview on Friday for a 2nd in MFL job. I have to teach for 30 minutes on the topic of jobs and near future tense and then I also have a task to prepare. Have you got any advice for the lesson what I could include and any suggestions of what types of tasks may come up for 2nd in department interviews
    Many thanks
    Helen

2. dalej

dalej New commenter

Hi Helen,
    For the lesson, I would use colour coding to reinforce masculine and feminine jobs. In PowerPoint, you could divide slides in half and insert coloured frames on the right and left with an image of the masculine and feminine versions of each job in the middle of each frame. I would also include the written word for each job and change the colour of the font of that word according to the convention you've established. As for activities, I would try and cover all four skills and in your plenary demonstrate evidence of what the pupils have learnt in the lesson.
    In the interview, I suggest you need to think about how you would deal with pupil data and monitor personalised learning looking at intervention strategies for those who are not making the progress they should according to their non-verbal scores. You should also consider your ideas on how you would intend to push the department forward suggesting a particular area you are interested in exploring.
    Hope that helps.
    Best wishes
    Joe