1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MFL inset

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by mpc, Jun 10, 2011.

1. mpc

mpc

Well done!
    Worth asking your target audience what they would like?
    All your suggestions are good and relevant (btw).

2. motivation
    using real language sources

(I'm just giving ideas, but I agree with the above post)

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

encouraging spontaneous talk in the classroom

creativity in language teaching

use of technology in the classroom (blogs, voki, wiki)

I agree with the use of real material, e.g. Google Streetview to teach directions, etc

I think it should be something that you are passionate about, that will be easy for your colleagues to pick up and implement in their lessons (give them resources they can use straight away.

4. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Sorry for lack of paragraphs, not using firefox today! :-(

5. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

Is it for your own department? If so, I would recommend looking at your development plan and doing something associated with that.

(Boo hiss no groovy icons with Google Chrome!)

6. Thanks for the ideas and suggestions. It's for INSET next year. We (the school) link up with two others in the area and do INSET for each other. Only problem is the programme gets created next week for the next academic year. I've had a look on their websites, one has compulsory languages like us and the other does GCSE/NVQ just like us too! (I was thinking along the lines of ways to make languages achievable for all).