1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

mfl coordinator needs help!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Rosereo, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Hi, hope someone can help me out. I have to write a subject review for mfl (french) and finding it very difficult, mostly because there is so little evidence that anything has been taught. One of the sections i have to include is a comparison against national standards. Is there a 'national standard' for primary french? MFL isn't well established in our school and I expect it isn't in a lot of schools so I don't really know what Ican compare our pupils standards to. Any ideas???
    I know about the languages ladder and NC levels and can match the levels to qca scheme BUT as all our year groups are using Year3/4 units/objectives Years5/6 are not up to 'expected level' so I suppose I could use this in the report and explain. I am open to suggestions though.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I hope runaway won't mind me advertising but if you go on to the Primary Talkabout ning Jo has an audit for mfl & lots of other iseful resources at http://primarymfl.ning.com/

3. thank you, Lara. I did post on the mfl forum too and runaway replied and directed me to her blog. Really helpful.