1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MFL CfE (Scotland) portfolio/evidence?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by miss freckle, Dec 19, 2011.

1. miss freckle

miss freckle New commenter

Hi

I've also posted this in the Scotland forum...

This is probably a daft question as we're 18mths into the first cohort of pupils going through CfE at Secondary level. But, do you have folios for each pupil in MFL to show how they progress through 2nd and 3rd level, sort of like you would file all SG folios and prelims? In my dept it's all a bit vague and reports/tracking are based largely on gut instinct rather than physical evidence. We have done some specific assessments (presentation peer assessed by class and are going to do a Reading and Listening) but these only cover a couple of MLANs at a time. Over the holidays I'm going to do what I'd intended to be doing since August which is to go back over lessons and tie in specifically to MLANs and cross-reference them rather than knowing in my mind what I've covering re Es and Os. I'm not completely convinced we're planning the right way round - we've adapted our course a bit to tie into Es and Os rather than starting afresh creating projects for each part of each level. How far on are other depts in this regard? I've had a couple of interviews recently and I know each school has a slightly different approach but am getting a bit worried that we're missing the boar. Thanks.

2. miss freckle

miss freckle New commenter

Hi

I've also posted this in the Scotland forum...

This is probably a daft question as we're 18mths into the first cohort of pupils going through CfE at Secondary level. But, do you have folios for each pupil in MFL to show how they progress through 2nd and 3rd level, sort of like you would file all SG folios and prelims? In my dept it's all a bit vague and reports/tracking are based largely on gut instinct rather than physical evidence. We have done some specific assessments (presentation peer assessed by class and are going to do a Reading and Listening) but these only cover a couple of MLANs at a time. Over the holidays I'm going to do what I'd intended to be doing since August which is to go back over lessons and tie in specifically to MLANs and cross-reference them rather than knowing in my mind what I've covering re Es and Os. I'm not completely convinced we're planning the right way round - we've adapted our course a bit to tie into Es and Os rather than starting afresh creating projects for each part of each level. How far on are other depts in this regard? I've had a couple of interviews recently and I know each school has a slightly different approach but am getting a bit worried that we're missing the boar. Thanks.