1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MFL - AST

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by davd2j, Feb 27, 2011.

1. <font size="2" face="Arial"><font size="3" class="Apple-style-span">Dear all, I am currently in my second year of teaching and am exploring the pathway into becoming an AST in MFL. I've been doing some research myself but I would like to be in contact with someone who is currently going through the process or has already achieved the AST status. Some first-hand experience and advice would be very useful and greatly appreciated. </font> <font size="3" class="Apple-style-span">David</font>
    </font>

2. <font size="2" face="Arial"><font size="3" class="Apple-style-span">Dear all, I am currently in my second year of teaching and am exploring the pathway into becoming an AST in MFL. I've been doing some research myself but I would like to be in contact with someone who is currently going through the process or has already achieved the AST status. Some first-hand experience and advice would be very useful and greatly appreciated. </font> <font size="3" class="Apple-style-span">David</font>
    </font>

3. I would concentrate on developing and perfecting your teaching in your first few years and getting positive results based on FFTs under your belt first of all. It's good that you are ambitious however!

4. Thank you very much for the response. I certainly am concentrating on both. It's a great job and thoroughly enjoying it! Are you an AST?

5. Talk to your head teacher - they should know of the ASTs in the area and also if they will pay for you to do it as you need their permission, a list might be on your LA website. I know they are in the LAs around here. You should bring up this career path in your next PM meeting too. Why not consider finding £300 and doing the SSAT lead practitioner acreditation instead? You may meet ASTs that way - certainly networking will help you as experience and ideas are key