1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MFL assembly ideas

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Lara mfl 05, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I generally start from some misconceptions about the country/people and then move on to 'true' facts'.

2. whapbapboogy

whapbapboogy New commenter

make it interactive- do a quizzy type presentation and have a choice of three answers- the kids point right for one answer. left for another, straight up for another.

3. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

Primary or secondary ?

4. aventura

aventura New commenter

Hi! Thanks for the ideas so far ;) It is a secondary assembly. Last year I had a few of them performing a short fragment of the Spanish play "Tres sombreros de copa", a short salsa dance and my Y12 made a music video which we projected on a board. This year I wanted to make it more interactive and fun, but my inspiration seems to have left me :(

5. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

My colleague just did one today which went down a storm. She did a sort of "call my bluff" game with two teams of three teachers (non MFL): display one very unknown word on the board (from memory, she had entremesa, preu, can't remember the others!), each teacher reads out one possible definition of the word, other team tries to guess which one is true.You can get audience participation by asking them to vote which definition they think is correct. Everyone loved it!

6. aventura

aventura New commenter

It sounds like a great idea!!!It'd be fun and the students like it when teachers get on the stage. My students have discussed recreating a Spanish lesson, meaning writing a short play where one is the teacher and a few otherrs perform as the students, but making it fun and interactive and getting two teachers of other subjects to participate as students too. I'm not convinced about it:/, so I better get preparing some "Call my bluff" style questions!!!Thanks a lot for you idea [​IMG]

7. whapbapboogy

whapbapboogy New commenter

thanks, noemie! Will nick your idea, if you don't mind! Thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

8. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

I'll pass on your congratulations to my colleague, it's all her idea! She is a fantastic teacher and the game went down a treat with students and staff alike!