1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Metro 3 rouge textbooks wanted!

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by jo3003, Apr 18, 2012.

1. We are on the lookout for some Metro 3 rouge textbooks. I know that the publisher is phasing this course out and just wondered whether anyone may be looking to get rid of some? If so, could you let me know and I'm sure we can come to some sort of deal for them!

Thanks

2. We are on the lookout for some Metro 3 rouge textbooks. I know that the publisher is phasing this course out and just wondered whether anyone may be looking to get rid of some? If so, could you let me know and I'm sure we can come to some sort of deal for them!

Thanks

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Really?? They are so rubbish! I'm getting rid of mine so you can have them, but they are really tatty. How many would you need? PM me.

4. LadyPsyche

LadyPsyche New commenter

Don't like mine much either, but unfortunately am not in a position to get rid of them yet. May I ask, Noemie, what you have chosen to use in their place? I'd be very interested to know.

5. Charlington

Charlington New commenter

We have started replacing our KS3 books, and have chosen Voila for French (published by Nelson Thornes). We've only got the first book at the moment, but it seems to be working ok at the moment if that is any help!

6. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

I'm having a year without textbooks! Only piloting a scheme at the moment, but basically teaching cross-curricular. Each half-term I teach a different subject through the medium of French (aka CLIL). I've uploaded two units of work on resources if you're interested (history and art). It's hard-work and needs a bit of tweaking but kids enjoy it a lot more than "boring textbooks" (and as they've never seen Métro 3 they don't know the extent of how boring it would have been!) and they're getting much better at their understanding of the language.

7. LadyPsyche

LadyPsyche New commenter

I just had a look - it looks so much more interesting (for us, as much as for the kids!) than M3 (or worse M3 vert!). I wonder what my department would feel about it! Looks like a lot of work, so thanks for sharing.

8. Listo83

Listo83 New commenter

We are phasing out the Metro course and bringing in Tricolore Total. We've done TT1, TT2 and are about to purchase TT3. Let me know if you still need Metro 3 and I'll see what I can do. And how many you need?