1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Meteor!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Flere-Imsaho, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

sparkleghirl and magic surf bus like this.
  2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

What's interesting in the first dashcam clips is how the horizon lights up whilst the main fireball is still some way up in the sky. Does that mean it was very low down? The rumble might have been a sonic boom.

I briefly spotted one a couple of years ago and could see individual fiery chunks falling off it as it went past. It looked like it was about aeroplane height but it was actually miles up, grazing the atmosphere.

3. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Watch out for triffids...

4. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I love stuff like that, thanks Flere.

I once saw a crackling ball of light zooming across the sky - it was in the daytime, and accompanied by a terrifying rumble. Our windows shook, and car alarms went off outside. I feared the world was about to end. I was terrified.
    I thought it was ball-lightning, but maybe it was a meteor.

sparkleghirl likes this.
  5. Flere-Imsaho

I have no imagination, coffeekid. I just thought, wow that's a bit weird, and went to feed the cats.

sparkleghirl, Sillow and coffeekid like this.
  6. Flere-Imsaho

The local rumour mill is suggesting aliens or Russian missiles.

7. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Oooh, a conspiracy theory or two adds to the excitement :)

8. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

It is aliens. They've been covering it up for years. Where do you think Velcro came from?

They are coming here because they heard you can get free money, free houses and free healh service. They are all childen from Syria apparently, even though some of them are as old and green as Yoda! Oh dear. Is it now racist to say 'green'? Wait until the blue ones from 'Communion' arrive!

Ha ha!