1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Metal table hangers for LO and success criteria

Discussion in 'Primary' started by petrapan, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Does anyone know what I mean by this? I can't find them online. The last year 1 teacher I worked with had these sort of metal stands for each table with a peg clip at the top which you could hang A4 paper/card from. They were a really nice visual display for the LO and SC for each table. I can't find them anywhere.

2. Does anyone know what I mean by this? I can't find them online. The last year 1 teacher I worked with had these sort of metal stands for each table with a peg clip at the top which you could hang A4 paper/card from. They were a really nice visual display for the LO and SC for each table. I can't find them anywhere.

3. [​IMG]Is it this sort of thing? A clip table card holder.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Quick easy version to make; 2 A4 sheets which are attached at the top. Then a smaller base to form a pyramid which will stand up on pupils' tables.

5. No, although I suppose something like that would work. They're like a sort of rectangular upright metal stand, not a cube bottom. It's so hard to explain without drawing a picture!

6. I know it's not quite what you're after but try Ebay for acrylic menu/place card holders which would serve the same purpose. Do you really need them to stand up on the table are you not just making extra work for yourself and spending money you don't need to? Just a thought.

7. @yirg, hmmm, I don't really know to be honest. I just want to make sure the success criteria for each group is visible and clear. What do others do?

8. I don't really know- how do other people display the success criteria if it differs by group? I know with year 3 and 5 I gave it verbally if I was differentiating by outcome, but I thought year 1 would need something more clear and visual in front of them. I suppose I'm just thinking back to what I saw during my year 1 placement but am open to other ideas.

9. oops sorry, first reply wasn't showing so replied again!

10. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Just plonk the sheet of paper with the SC on it in the middle of the table? Perhaps a couple of copies. There shouldn't be so much stuff on tables that it gets lost.

But I like those photo clippy things and it would look nice....

11. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Are these what you mean?

http://www.euroffice.co.uk/i/t3/Fellowes-Workstation-Copyholder-Easel-Capacity-10mm-with-Line-Guide-A4-Black-Ref-21106

12. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Ooooo now I only went to IKEA on Tuesday...should I go again tomorrow?

I think those frames would be better for displaying a piece of excellent work with features marked in the middle of each table for children to use. Or checklists. Or maybe one on each side...

Oh dear!

13. These frames are good but very small, less than A5.

14. Yep similar to that minnieminx! Although am not going to pay that much so might have to go with the plonk on the table idea for now [​IMG] I really want to go to Ikea now too!

15. how about this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-A5-COUNTER-POSTER-HOLDERS-TABLE-MENU-DISPLAY-STANDS-/200632630334?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2eb6a2fc3e#ht_2517wt_989

16. Do Year 1 children in September really need to have success criteria on their tables? Will they read/be able to read them? Will they refer to them? I'm guessing absolutely not. My top ability would use them later on in the year but I can honestly say that from the middle to the bottom the children responded far, far better to lots of good modelling and verbal reminders. Better to just have a card with visual prompts for finger spaces/ capital letters/ full stops etc. The only purpose they might serve now is to please Ofsted....!

17. If you are doing this to tick boxes then forget it. Do you need this for you to be successful or are you doing this because you think you have to? Will you really have time to change these for every lesson? Can the children read them and will they use them? If not then don't waste your time.