1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MEST 1 January

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by claireu, Dec 6, 2011.

1. claireu

claireu New commenter

I've just found out from the board that the MEST 1 exam in January will not require a DVD player! As far as I'm aware, the only print based texts used by AQA in the past were the web site 'Live Listings' and the x box advert. I've used both with my class already! Does anyone have any suggestions for suitable texts and questions that I could use to help prepare my class? Thanks in advance! Claire

2. claireu

claireu New commenter

I've just found out from the board that the MEST 1 exam in January will not require a DVD player! As far as I'm aware, the only print based texts used by AQA in the past were the web site 'Live Listings' and the x box advert. I've used both with my class already! Does anyone have any suggestions for suitable texts and questions that I could use to help prepare my class? Thanks in advance! Claire

3. Before the new MEST1 exam the other print texts that the exam board used for the old MED1 exam were:
    An advert for a video game, an advert for Jamie Oliver's New Italian programme and the Riddick Film Poster.
    I think I'm going to hunt some similar things out and I'm currently looking though magazines such as Glamour/Cosmo for a good advertorial to use.

4. claireu

claireu New commenter

Thank you- I hadn't thought of going back to the old MED1! For their mock I gave my students a print out of the Doctor Who website. I'm just a little concerned that the focus has been on moving image for the past few years. I was quite shocked to hear it was a print insert that we were getting!

5. I only have a few resitting MEST1 in Jan, but I was amazed it was print too. I guess it had to happen sooner or later though!
    I've created another print section A using More! magazine. If you want to leave me your email address I can send you a PDF over of it?

6. claireu

claireu New commenter

Thank you! I've sent you a message with my email address.