1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

messed up my PGCE interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by pesky_mousie, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Thats true, sometimes when you think that you have messed up. You find that actaully you have not.

Thankyou for the kind words. It is nice to know I am not the only one that has these feelings.

pesky

2. I wouldn't call that messing it up at all! You really answered the question and picked a tough time. You were brave, honest and human, I'd say characteristics of a good teacher! If any Uni counted it against you frankly I wouldn't wan to go there! I really hope you get on, best of luck, keep us informed!

3. Hi,

Were you at Canterbury yesterday? I think we might have had a chat about it outside

4. Yes, i was at Canterbury for the pgce primary 5 to 11.

5. Hopefully you'll get a place. Sorry to hear about how it went. I was speaking to someone from secondary I think though. :(

6. I know, i will keep trying as many years as it takes. I spoke to some others who tried several times before gaining their place. If this happens, it happen. Till then, im crossing fingers, toes, legs, arms and well anything else i can think of for luck!

7. braxx

braxx New commenter

I am sorry to hear that you did not manage to get a place, sometimes nerves get the better of us. Keep trying!

I feel the same way after my interview today. I was so nervous all day, and now I am sitting at home wondering why I did not mention all the things I prepared.

Somehow through my nerves I found myself not answering questions, not drawing on my experiences and sharing things that I did not need too.

Whatever happens though, I know given the opportunity I will make an excellent teacher, and I am sure you are the same!

Good luck x