1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Message from Mykonos...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BertieBassett2, Sep 13, 2019 at 8:32 AM.

1. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Lead commenter

...It’s too windy, too hilly and too expensive! Other than that, I’m having a great time with Baby Bassett 1. We have hired a car and the hilly roads are like being on a roller coaster! Thank goodness we paid extra for an Automatic. I don’t think I’d return here, though.

primarycat likes this.
  2. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Windy here in Apulia, too - although lovely and sunny and warm. I’ve just done 40 lengths of the pool in the sunshine - bliss.

You are braver than I would be with the car! We took an organised trip to Lecce, which was more beautiful than I had anticipated.

Sorry it’s expensive there. We’re doing all inclusive so it takes the sting away. Fellow travellers to Lecce we’re saying how reasonable the prices (coffee etc) were, which is good news.

Enjoy the rest of your stay. We are right down on the underside of the heel of Italy. I’d come back to visit the region, but further north - more to see up there.

primarycat and BertieBassett2 like this.
  3. BertieBassett2

Thanks @smoothnewt - I love Italy but we’re here for a wedding (my daughter ‘s friend) so we didn’t have a choice of destination! However, it is all very quaint and charming and we are chilling out! Enjoy your holiday!

smoothnewt likes this.
  4. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Errmmm, it was very windy in leafy Warwickshire yesterday!!

You don't have to go to the Med to get blown away!!:p

:D :D :D

5. BertieBassett2

True, but it does play havoc with one’s sunbathing opportunities!

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  6. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

I quite like a breeze by the pool but I really don’t like being on a sandy beach when it’s windy because it gets in my eyes!

BertieBassett2 and primarycat like this.
  7. BertieBassett2

Absolutely @Over_the_hill, but the wind today was 50kph so a bit stronger than a breeze!

1 person likes this.
  8. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

You might be safer in the bar then! :)

primarycat and BertieBassett2 like this.