1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Merry Christmas to

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by notyet, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Just come back from the school's Chrissy drinks (didnt go to the dinner, bit too boring) so as Ive just left a staffroom of 25 teachers (I think) I thought of you lot. Merry Christmas....and in no particular order tho Aussies first..Yasimum, Ned, Foney, Karvol, Stopwatch for being so funny, Mainwaring.....(Dr CO Jones) and of course the TOK par exellence. Oooops I nearly forgot the dear SMT Dude.
    Ex Ane ***/come eejit, notyet.
    XXXXXX
    [​IMG]
    And a
    [​IMG]
    C'mon Aussie c'mon!

2. ..haha.. well done !! and a merry Christmas to you too "Ane". ..and have a great New Year!
    ..hope you can make it home for a few days!!

cheers
    Ned

3. You've been to a better party than I ever have!

4. tuanjim

tuanjim New commenter

Merry Christmas ALL! Yo, ho, ho and many a cask of Old Jamaica. And that go even for the Ozzers, poor benighted upside-down creatures that they be.
    Down here in Davy Jones's Locker we've broached a hogshead or three and be gettin ready to splice the piratical mainbrace with a vengeance. Mother Carey be red in the face with roastin her chickens. Anne Bonney have lit the port and starboard lanterns on her boosoms and be chasing Cap'n Kidd with a sprig of seaweed, mistletoe bein in somewhat short supply down here at a hundred fathom. I never realised how much fun a sea chest could be till that girl come here.
    Blackbeard be hanging the baubles in his whiskers and Capn' Flint be sticking sprigs of holly on all the cannon balls. Talking of which, Bosun Hollywagger have decorated his belaying pin with tinsel (no, no, he conducts with it) and handed out the sheet music for the Festival of Nine Lessons and Barrels. We're singin all the old favourites this year, such as Away in a Galleon and Ding Dong Merrily on Deck.
    Ol Davy hisself do sends his Festive Greetings to Dr CO and his commiserations to the poor lady wot managed ter think yon Stopwatch was a larf. No Christmas cards please but donations to Pirates' Widows and Orphans much appreciated. Round robins not replied to as we all expects to be <strike>incomunicardo</strike> pist until Epiphany.
    Captain Ananias Tuanjim
    X his mark (in brandy butter).

5. Thanks Ned.
    Madrid-Doha-Melbourne await me.

6. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Merry Christmas to you as well Ane and to everyone on Overseas. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and that 2011 is kind to you all. Peace.xx

7. Walking around my local pub with a sprig of mistletoe threaded through my belt buckle isn't going down too well at all....

8. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

Oh gee, I wonder why! Merry Christmas to you and your family FP. I hope 2011 is a great year for you.

9. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Occasional commenter

Same to you and all yours Yasimum.
    As you know I'm not much of a cricket enthusiast (no need for rainmaking ceremonies here at the moment, though it's not actually weeing down at the moment and I've just put up the solar lights as an act of faith).
    You're probably right about Boxing Day but if you put an unhatched chicken on the barbie you might end up with a face full of scrambled egg.

10. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

I seem to have lost my enthusiasm for the game this year, I must confess but Pom baiting has become force of habit now and it is the fault of all of you on here for pulling my leg mercilessly all these years!

11. stopwatch

stopwatch Occasional commenter

BBAAAAAHHHH HHUMMMBUG!!!!
    Thanks for the support FP. I have asked Santa for a GSOH for Christmas.
    I have returned to UK for Christmas. So far:
    • Car starter motor broken. New one required.
    • (new) Central Heating not working. Call outs so far cost &pound;200
    • Burst water pipes. Cost to 'blank off' &pound;100
    • Washing machine frozen, pipes burst. New one &pound;350
    Brilliant!
    Have a good Christmas, whatever that might mean to you. Tell me when it's all over

12. I'll give him that - dark humour is his speciality....
    Have a good one, Stoppers!